Active Vibration Reduction
What is the potential of active vibration reduction systems?
Challenge and Motivation
- Vibrations in milling lead to higher surface damages, higher tool wear and higher sound emissions.
- The reduction of vibrations and the avoidance of instabilities will raise the milling efficiency significantly.
- Analysis of the varying demonstrator dynamics for a curved geometry.
- Vibrations reduction due to advantageous spindle speeds.
- Active vibrations damping by using of piezo actuators during the milling process.