Benchmark of Technologies for Small Blisk/Blades Machining
Which technology combination is the most suitable for manufacturing reduced rotor diameters?
Challenge and Motivation
- The by pass ratio of the next aero engine generations will increase.
- The core engine will become smaller compared to current engine programs.
- New challenges for all machining processes result from the new design.
- Examine the manufacturability of Blisks with smaller Blades and reduced gaps in the framework.
- Investigation of scaling effects for the different manufacturing processes.