Development of Advanced EHLA 3D Processes Using Inconel 738
How far can the technological frontiers be pushed for EHLA 3D of Inconel 738 regarding material properties and geometrical features?
Challenge and Motivation
- Growing demand for high-performance, hard-to-weld Ni super alloys in turbomachinery applications
- Potential to use IN738 for AM efficiently and with improved material properties with EHLA 3D process:
- Thin layers and near-net-shape deposition
- Precisely adjustable heat input
- Tailored thermal history through adaption of buildup strategies, influencing cooling rates.
- Improve processing of harder to weld high-performance materials with IN738
- Improve achievable part complexity to more complex geometrical features.