dPart® – Digital Twin Framework for Machining Domain
How to implement an IIoT-based digital twin framework in production?
Challenge and Motivation
- An increased connectivity of today’s manufacturing environments based on the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) represents a key enabler for a complete and data-consistent digital twinning.
- However, the implementation of an IIoT-based digital twin infrastructure represents a challenging task for most enterprises.
- Evaluation of standards and norms regarding digital twin frameworks (e.g. ISO 23247*).
- Presentation of a first framework implementation approach at Fraunhofer IPT (dPart®).
- Co-creation workshop(s) on industrial demands, further implementation and industrialization of the framework together with industry partners.