Enhanced Approaches in Disk and BliskTurning#
How to enhance the productivity and tool life in turning super alloys by new technologies?
Challenge and Motivation
- Poor machinability of difficult-to-cut materials.
- Poor accessibility due to geometrical complex parts.
- Excessive tool wear and formation of long chips.
- Pick-ups due to insufficient cooling.
- Improve productivity and tool life by combining simultaneous three axis turning technology with targeted high pressure cooling technology.
- Optimize chip formation using adapted lubrication strategies.