Finish Turning with Ceramic Inserts Using Pulsating High-pressure Cutting Fluid Supply
Is it feasible to apply high-pressure coolant supply in finish turning with ceramic inserts by using innovative pulsating cooling strategy?
Challenge and Motivation
- Finish turning with ceramic inserts combined with highpressure cutting fluid supply offers high process efficiency
- Due to possible surface damages, caused by the impact of accelerated chips, high-pressure cutting fluid supply can hardly be applied in finish turning.
- Adjustment of chip length by pulsating cutting fluid.
- Analysis of potentials of pulsating high-pressure cutting fluid supply strategy in finish turning with ceramic inserts to prevent surface damage.
- Identification of suitable parameters regarding the cutting fluid supply to achieve favorable chip sizes.