Improve Machining of γ-TiAl#
How can the machining processes of Titanium aluminides be improved?
Challenge and Motivation
- Poor machinability due to mechanical properties
- Excessive tool wear and low surface quality
- Identification of cooling lubrication strategies for improving tool life and surface quality
- Development of cutting tool material and/or coating system for increasing tool life
- Identification of suitable machining parameters for EDM/ECM processes including achievable tolerances