In-situ Adaption of Process Strategies based on Monitoring Data
Can the LPBF process be adapted to sensor data in-situ to
improve the part quality?
Challenge and Motivation
- LPBF data preparation is currently performed before manufacturing using predetermined parameters.
- Adaption of the process can only be done manually.
- Consequently, the potential of in-situ process adaption to improve part quality is unknown.
- Enable just-in-time (layer-wise) data preparation and vector-wise closed loop control on a LPBF machine.
- Investigate the potential impact of both approaches on the part quality experimentally.