Indirect tool wear measurement with machine learning
How to monitor cutting tools using sensor data and time-series processing methods?
Challenge and Motivation
- Indirect, online cutting tool wear monitoring is beneficial for productivity and cost savings.
- Current tool wear monitoring systems are unable to give online tool wear status information.
- Create a dataset for indirect tool wear measurement.
- Research methods to model tool wear indirectly.
- Execute different methods on the dataset.
- Analyze benefits and drawbacks of the methods.