Influence of Powder Properties on Processability and Part Properties in SLM
What are key powder properties influencing part quality in SLM?
Challenge and Motivation
- Typical nickel-based superalloy powders for SLM are produced by gas atomization and have a chemical composition close to the one used in casting or forging
- Although powder quality is a key aspect to achieve a high part quality, the key powder properties are still not clear and not standardized
- Acquisition and analysis of different powders for SLM
- Manufacturing and analysis of samples
- Adaptation of developed procedure for identification of key powder properties for the SLM process