Life-Cycle-Assessment (LCA) of Turbomachinery Components
How to approach the quantification of ecological sustainability in turbomachinery manufacturing?
Challenge and Motivation
- Resource consumption and efficient processes are future drivers of the turbomachine industry, but:
- Ecological impacts not fully in scope for machining processes.
- Resource and energy consumption during machining not yet systematically acquired.
- Rare and critical resources used in tools/materials.
- A methodology/framework for acquiring of LCI-data, holistic LCA-analysis and interpretation (ISO 14040) for turbomachine manufacturing.