Manufacturing of Ni-or Ti-Blisks with (semi-) finishing strategies
Which semi finishing strategy (milling) is best suited regarding roughing and finishing?
Challenge and Motivation
- Selection of an economical semi-finishing strategy is highly influenced by the blade geometry of the blisk, the number of blocks as well as the the finishing and semi-finishing offset.
- Due to high cutting force (Ni-based) and low Young's modulus (Ti-based), distortion of workpiece occurs.
- Economical and technological evaluation of different semi finishing strategies with focus on
- tool concepts (barrel tool vs. ball end mill) and
- process design (off-set and depth of cut)