Model-based Simulation of Blade Dynamics in Blisk Machining within CAM#
Is it industrially applicable to detect tool wear automatically by using In-line microscopy and AI?
Challenge and Motivation
- Tool wear is a cost driver in metal cutting.
- Measuring tool wear is elaborate and not feasible on industrial scales.
- Analysis of tool wear is not standardized and depends on the individual operator experience.
- Tool wear information shall be exploited with regard to process optimization and part quality prediction.
- Integration of a microscope into the machine tool.
- Automation of image acquisition using machine axes.
- AI-based analysis and measurement of tool wear.