In-situ Monitoring in LPBF for a Digital Representation of Part Geometry
Can the actual geometry be detected during the LPBF process using a high-precision optical system?
Challenge and Motivation
- Properties of LPBF-manufactured parts are a black box during production.
- Geometry of specimens can only be determined outside the machine after manufacturing.
- Implement a high-resolution optical monitoring system to record the powder bed after each layer.
- Determine the layer-wise contours from the images.
- Aggregate to a digital model of the part during production.