Near-net-shape AM and/or repair with EHLA(3D)
How accurate can turbomachinery components be manufactured/repaired by EHLA?
Challenge and Motivation
- Growing demand for resource-saving repair processes in turbomachinery applications.
- EHLA enables a contour-accurate build-up with a smaller heat-affected zone and less need for rework.
- EHLA processes a high diversity of turbomachinery materials, incl. superalloys like IN718 /IN738.
- Development of a near net shape repair process for damaged turbomachinery parts.
- Entering new application areas for the EHLA technology and transfer to an industrial use case.