Ni-Blisk Manufacturing – Achieving Small Tolerances#
To what extend can tolerances be reduced in Blisk manufacturing?
Challenge and Motivation
- The by pass ratio of the next aero engine generations will increase.
- The core engine will become smaller compared to current engine programs.
- Challenges for all machining processes result from the new design specially regarding the suitable tolerances.
- To examine the manufacturability of Blisks with smaller blades and reduced gaps in the framework.
- Identification of scaling effects for the different manufacturing processes.