Roughness Inspection Driven by Manufacturing Data
Can conventional inspection for surface quality be replaced by a targeted evaluation of manufacturing process data?
Challenge and Motivation
- Varying surface quality during machining due to occurring vibrations.
- Expensive quality assurance and visual inspection due to varying surface quality.
- Assess surface quality and reducing conventional inspection efforts by analyzing manufacturing process and sensor data.
- Presentation of a first framework implementation approach at Fraunhofer IPT (dPart®).
- Co-creation workshop(s) on industrial demands, further implementation and industrialization of the framework together with industry partners.