VCSEL-based Preheating for LPBF Process
Does VCSEL-based preheating enable crack free manufacturing of super alloys?
Challenge and Motivation
- Preheating of LPBF enables manufacturing of materials susceptible to cracking.
- State-of-the-art concepts lead to decreased build area temperature with increased built-hight.
- Previous studies identified VCSEL as possible solution.
- Manufacturing of relevant alloys for turbomachinery application (e.g. super alloys or titanium aluminides).
- Demonstrate the feasibility for a selected complex application-relevant component.