Process Vibrations due to Inconstant Workpiece and/or Tool Behavior
What is the main reason for irregular vibrations in the milling process?
Challenge and Motivation
- Vibrations in milling lead to higher surface damages, tool wear and sound emissions.
- Depending on the material batch, the actual tool microgeometry and the clamping situation, vibrations can occur irregular within finishing milling operation.
- Identify root-causes for irregular vibrations.
- Analysis of vibrations energy for Blisks from different material batches.
- Analysis vibrations for every blade before and after tool change.